Masterton Neighbourhood Support
Sam Andrews-Paul is the Masterton Neighbourhood Support Coordinator.
The Aim of Neighbourhood Support is: To make our homes, streets, neighbourhoods and communities safer and more caring places in which to live.
A Neighbourhood Support Group will:
- Encourage neighbours to talk to each other
- Foster a sense of community spirit, where everyone is respected and valued
- Identify the needs of all neighbourhood members
- Empower and educate neighbours to take responsibility for their own safety
- Support victims of crime
- Help to minimise burglaries in the local area
- Help to reduce graffiti and vandalism
- Aim to report all types of violence, including family violence
- Enhance the sharing of information that will help reduce the risk and fear of crime
- Enhance the safety features and appearance of the neighbourhood
- In a Civil Emergency knowing who may need help and who can help
- Liaise and co-operate with other community groups
- Know when and how to contact Police, other emergency services or support agencies.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 28 July 2011 22:43 )